Monday, February 2, 2009

9 Months Old!!


Beau learned to clap during the Superbowl!!

Look at those chompers. And that drool!


I am not sure how well you can see this video...hopefully a little bit at least. But I got excited and clapped during the Superbowl and when he saw me he began to clap as well. For the first time. I grabbed the camera immediately, so this is ACTUAL FOOTAGE OF HIS FIRST CLAPS. Yes, I know you all are as amazed and excited as we are because no baby on Earth has ever clapped before. Until now. Isn't the World lucky that we were able to capture this feat on camera and post it to the Internet? Shouldn't this go in some special video vault at the Library of Congress or something? Our house, Beau-centric? What? Ok, moving on...
Superbowl Sunday was also special because it was Beau's nine month birthday. Just think...in three more months Beau will be turning one. I can't even process it.
He had his nine month check-up with Dr. Dobson (no relation to the, ahem, famous Dr. Dobson) and everything was great. Beau is going through some stranger anxiety and did not like being poked and prodded and definitely was not fond of shots. But the doctor said he looked fabulous and was long and lean. 21lbs and 30 inches. 58th and 82nd percentiles, respectively. The doctor said that he would grow up to be tall.
Beau is doing lots of fun things lately. He is rocking back and forth on his hands and knees and is so close to crawling. He is starting to drink from a sippy cup and also enjoys feeding himself cereal puffs. He continues to enjoy screaming for fun. He hates to have his face wiped after a meal, but loves bathtime. I decided to fully commit to motherhood and as a result have downloaded various Raffi songs onto itunes, which we enjoy during bathtime. Some favorites include (but are not limited to) "Banana Phone", "Baby Beluga", and the aptly titled "Bathtime". We sing and splash. Beau almost always leaves a ring around the tub.
Fun times.
Remind me to tell you all about his reading...
And his fun day at the park...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, look at that big boy!!

jCc said...

Beau is adorable Erin! Yay for catching a first on camera!