Monday, July 20, 2009

Edislo

We just got back from a very fun and relaxing week at Edisto. Time slows down on Edisto. We stayed on a creek this year, which is different for us. It was a great location. Nice and cool with beautiful sunsets! Beau loved spending time at the beach, riding bikes, swimming in the pool, eating ripe tomatoes, watching boats, feasting on watermelon, and tooling around in the golf cart. I wish we could live there year round. Sigh. I suppose that is why it is a vacation.
We are happy to be back in Greenville in our comfy house with our yappy dog.
Breakfast at IHOP before our drive to the island. IHOP, because we want Beau to be a global citizen.

We cut Beau off after 3 pancakes and a scrambled egg. I wonder how much he would have eaten if we had never intervened?

Finally at Edisto and checking out the scene at the point.

Pals.

Stompy, stomp, stomp. I love those fat little feet! His hiney says Peas and Love.
Loving the water!

"Squeeeaaalllll!"

Beau loves the football - of course!

This is the look he gives the ladies..... "Hey ladies!"

Shrimp boat! Catching our dinner, perhaps?

He loved the waves!

Beau is doing his He-Man pose! On a side note, Edward enjoys walking by me and saying "I like your hat" with a mean-ish smirk on his face. Methinks he hates the hat?
Castles made by Edward, smashed by Beau.
Makeshift ball pit!

What time is it? It's "snack-thirty"! One fish at a time, Beau man.

Gearing up for a island bike ride...

Look how pretty!!!!!!

Look at that little face peering out of the window. So cute!

We saw lots of fun sights on the ride!


Me in action on my pink beach cruiser! Can you tell that I picked this bike out myself? It still needs a horn, and in a perfect world it would have streamers as well.

Lowcountry boil on the last night. It might be the most perfect meal ever. Yum!!!


The happiest of families.


We're off to Ohio in August to see Mamie and Pops. Can't wait!




















No comments: