Friday, July 24, 2009

Parent's night out with wine and toys....ahem, I mean our evening at The Children's Museum Gala.

Ok, so as grown-ups and good community citizens (shut-up....you think I can't hear your laughing?) we feel an obligation to support and applaud wonderful things that happen in Greenville. We love Greenville, have chosen to raise our child here, and we are so excited when good things happen that will benefit our family and our community. So we felt like it would be a good idea to go to The Children's Museum Gala where we could meet other museum supporters and engage in meaningful conversation.
Just kidding! We showed up, quickly downed a glass of wine and went crazy playing with the exhibits! And let me tell you, it was incredible! I am so impressed!!! Little kids will love it (Beau), older kids will love it, and also BIG kids will love it (us). The grand opening is July 31st and I can't wait! Prepare to be amazed!!

Can we build it?

Yes, we can!

This must be the biggest Lite-Brite for several hundred miles, at least. I'm impressed.

My only gripe about the museum: they are clearly still working out the kinks as there is a huge hole in the nursing area. Also, the nursing area is a big red barn. This is a disturbing notion to someone who fed her child by exclusively pumping milk for 6 months (me). Moo!

Here is Edward being cute in the (children's) climbing area.

Mayo....BOO! Both unhealthy and disgusting.

Honey Buns: unhealthy, disgusting, and embarrassing if discovered in your cupboard.

Veggies! Yes! Delicious, healthy, yummy! Also delicious....canned frosting.

Insert "ball" joke here.

It's nice to have a hot husband.

OMG....ALL of my pictures from here on out must be in a wind tunnel. Wind tunnel pictures seem superior. Christmas card=wind tunnel. Easter=wind tunnel. You see where I am going with this...

Really loving the wind tunnel.

Still loving the lovely wind tunnel!

Edward was the 15th fastest driver in this one particular race! Great job, honey! Everyone is a winner!!

The perfect date: formal dress, alcohol, and lots and lots of toys! We haven't has this much fun since we drank that Boone's Farm and played in the Toys R Us! Just kidding. That never ever happened. Ever.


"I'm Gumby, dammit!" If you don't understand this reference we can't be friends. Kidding! But really, let's talk....

Please support The Children's Museum of the Upstate!!!













No comments: