Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nirvana (For Beau)

Today was Touch a Truck here in Greenville. I cannot describe how much he loved it. He came home and told Darcy all about it and after we put him to bed this evening, we could hear him in his room talking to himself, presumably about trucks. They had nearly every truck imaginable at the event this year, and I am quite sure it felt like it was twice as large as last year's event. We feel so fortunate to live in a city that sponsors such fun family events. By the way, do you remember the Touch a Truck pictures from last year? Can you believe how much he has grown?? Driving the fire truck.


Trying on the gear for size.


I could get Edward to look at the camera, but I just could not get Beau to look in my direction for most of the day. He just could not be bothered!



Sitting on the bus was especially exciting considering he loves to sing about buses!




Blowing the horn on the dump truck. I can't imagine how exciting this must have been for him.




Beau loved "driving" this police golf cart thing. It had a really fun horn!







Driving the SWAT van. Yeah!



SWAT!! It makes them both very happy. They look like they want to kick in a door and raid something.




Wow, ambulance.


And a tractor, too! Beau was truly amazed.



Driving a roll back tow truck. I am sure I will be corrected on my terminology when Edward ends up reading this. But it was some type of flat bed-ish tow truck. Whatever.




IN THE BUCKET OF A POWER TRUCK!!!! That called for all caps.


Eeeteen Wheeewah!!!! (eighteen wheeler!)


And the Moo Cows! Sadly, I think Beau probably had a Pavlovian reaction coupled with a nugget expectation when he saw these cows. He eats a lot of Chick-fil-a.




In the scoop of the "dig dig".
Life is about to change big time for all of us, but we are so excited! We can't wait to meet Baby Henry! He is due on the 21st of this month, but it looks like they (the doctors) might want him to arrive closer to the 14th. I have a dr. appt on Monday morning and we'll find out more then. Either way, it will be soon and we are now officially READY!














No comments: