Henry Bear is five months! I have so much to blog about. Life has been crazy, a little scary (with Edward's dad getting sick) and very, very busy. Time doesn't stand still, and in the midst of all of life's events, Henry turned 5 months. He is changing so much! Beau did not develop this rapidly, probably because he was busy eating and laying around being "not slim". Henry is still not a fan of eating, but he has had plenty of time to learn how to roll across the room, insert his entire foot into his mouth, and grow a tooth (!). It has been such a treat to see his little personality developing. This kid loves to play with toys more than any baby I have ever seen. He carefully inspects/slobbers on every little trinket on his exersaucer, knows his baby gym inside and out, and is happy sitting around with some toys in his lap. He is cute, cute, cute! He is definitely still loving his doorway bouncer. We have no problem keeping this baby entertained. His favorite activity is probably keeping tabs on the comings and goings of his very interesting big brother. Beau is always doing something amazing like running around or singing a song. Henry loves to watch Beau and grin! It is adorable. And Beau is truly a fantastic big brother. He never expresses jealousy, is happy to share Mama's lap with Henry, tells Henry about his day (and Henry is rapt), shows Henry all of his trains, and shares all kinds of toys. I hope they always love each other this much.

Henry in his favorite new hangout!

One pretty baby!

This is from Thanksgiving day. Henry had a matching outfit on earlier, but it did not last. I never learn. Anyhow, if you carefully inspect this picture (perhaps while wearing some of those glasses that jewelers do) you might be able to see a flash of white on the right middle of Henry's bottom gum. That's a tooth! We are shocked! Beau did not get a tooth until about 8 months.

Henry was baptised on October 31, 2010 at our church, Buncombe Street UMC. He did a beautiful job during the service and was really very happy for the entire day. Henry's grandparents and friends all celebrated with us over a delicious brunch at Soby's. Big brother Beau was an excellent host as well. It was a lovely day!

Very proud parents! Baby is slouching and sullen. My goodness, is he 14 already?

Mamie and Pops drove down for the occasion and we were so happy to have them!
About 6 weeks ago I said to several friends and also my husband, "You know, I think Henry's hair is getting a little out of hand. Do you think it is time to have it cut?" To which they replied, "Oh, heavens no! Don't be silly! He is just a tiny baby!" But then today I mentioned it again to Edward. I said to him in somewhat of a lofty way, "Hmm, I wonder if Henry's hair should be cut?" And before I could get the sentence out of my mouth, Edward had made the appointment for the same afternoon, had thrown the kids in the car seats and was pushing me out of the door. (Parts of this story may have been enhanced for dramatic effect) My point is that Henry's hair had gotten out of control. It does not curl up like Beau's hair does, so when it is too long it is just very unmanageable. It is just so hard for me to believe that just a few short months ago, Beau was getting his first haircut and now we have a second son who requires a haircut at 5 months old. He did such a great job and after seeing the finished product I know for sure that it was the right thing to do. He looks positively spiffy!

There was not even one whimper from Henry as the nice lady cut his hair. Some two year olds that I know (Beau, I am looking in your direction) could take a page out of Henry's book!

Look at that cool haircut! All of the darker hair that he was born with ended up being cut away. Much of it had already fallen out on it's own in order to make way for downy baby hair underneath. So we now have a total blondie, with (dare I say it?) blue eyes. Adorable!
I finally figured out how to get my flip videos posted to the blog (p.s. - It is not hard. There is really nothing to "figure out". What does that say about me?) Here is a short clip from Henry's hair cut today. I love how content he is. Look closely and see how he flashes a smile. He did this the entire time - looked around and smiled. And my favorite part is how he flips those legs around and rotates his little feet constantly. He does this all of the time. He is so delicious. I could eat him with a spoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment