Beau had a grip on Pop's shirt.
He is grabbing everything with his hands now! Next stop, mouth!!
He definitely knows that he has her wrapped around his finger!
Good Times...not like the show. Even though I have always thought that show is "DY-NO-MITE"! But I digress. We have had so many good times in the past few weeks, I have not had the time to share them with my friends inside of the computer! So, here is the round-up!
Fresh off of her Catholic College and the Maryland Bar Exam, my sister, Tara, visited during the first week of August. Not only was this lots of fun, but she was a great help as Edward had to be away for a few days. We did lots of fun stuff, including going to the pool. But we mostly hung around the house and played with Beau. I think they had lots of fun getting to know each other. He definitely charmed her with his pre-naptime crib antics (lots of giggles, squeals of glee and convincing smiles). He also gave her a few laughs. He told me later that he was laughing AT her, not WITH her. Kidding! Beau missed her immediately after she left, but hopefully we will see her soon. She is currently on a 10 day cruise and then back to DC to start her fancy high-powered lawyering job. Go Tara!
We joined Buncombe Street United Methodist Church last Sunday. It is such a nice church with lots of activities for grown ups and kids. Everyone is so friendly. We are excited to be a part of it. Beau stayed in the nursery for the first time and he had fun. A very nice lady rocked him to sleep, which he appreciated.
Beau's grandparents, Maimie and Pops came to visit this past weekend. Everyone was so glad to see each other!! Beau was crazy about them, giving out lots of smiles and giggles. He sure put on a show for them when he played on his baby gym! He has become quite the talker. We all went to the greek restaurant on Friday night and on Saturday we woke up and took a stroll down Main Street, which was lots of fun. After lunch, Maimie and Pops watched Beau for the rest of the evening so we could go to a movie. What fun!
There was another very exciting event that weekend, and that was Edward's 30th birthday! Happy Birthday, Edward! I could not ask for a more wonderful and loving husband and father to my child. You are a wonderful person, through and through and I am so thankful for you. Heather and Sanford graciously hosted a lovely surprise party for him on Saturday night. I think he was actually surprised! It was so nice to celebrate with everyone! Can you believe that I did not get a single picture during the party? Ok, yes you probably can believe it. I am not great with the camera. So you will just have to use your imagination. But all in all, I think Edward had a pretty good 30th. On Edward's actual birthday, Maimie and Pops took us all to brunch at Mary Beth's, a yummy new restaurant downtown.
On a side note, I am obliged to say this. Since Beau's birth, I have had pleasure of knowing what it is to be a mother. Even though I have heard many exclaim how their love for their child is like no other, I really had no idea how much I would love Beau until I met him. My love for my child is limitless. And during every step of the way, I want him to know that he is loved. And although I am sure that I will make many parenting mistakes in my time, he will know during every moment of his life that he is loved by his parents. And that means that he will, at the very least, receive a phone call from me on his 30th birthday and all others. Even if we are not seeing eye to eye. Even if I think his wife is vile (though I think I would keep that one to myself). Even if I have to walk 500 miles to the nearest payphone and beg for change. Even if it was not prudent to have more than a 30 second conversation, I would at least call and say, "Son, I love you. I am glad you are on this earth. Happy Birthday." But, that's just me.
2 comments:
aww Erin, that blog made me cry! It might be the pregnancy but how sweet! I can't wait to really experience motherhood first hand! Beau is growing so fast! He is adorable!
Your blogs are the best!
Post a Comment