We just got back from a fun trip to Ohio where Mamie and Pops live. Mamie and Pops live in Massillon, OH and they have a houseboat on Lake Atwood about 30 minutes away. While we were visiting we all drove to the lake and spent the day on the lake cruising around, cooking hotdogs and kayaking. We had lots of fun! The boat is so pretty. Mamie has done lots of decorating and Pops has worked hard on fixing it up too. Lake Atwood is really beautiful and we visited right when the leaves were beginning to change.

Beau and I are watching Pops drive the boat. He drives the boat right from the "living room"! Mamie says it is like driving a split level house.

Here I am in Edward's new kayak. I think I would like a kayak. But where would we put the kid?

Here is Edward in his new kayak. He has wanted a kayak for SO LONG, and now he finally has one.

A pizza lunch on the boat. Beau can eat 2 whole slices...maybe more.

Here we are on the "front porch" of the houseboat, enjoying the ride.

Pops even let Beau drive the boat!*
*Shhh.....the boat was not on. Don't tell Beau.

Beau likes to make the vroom, vroom sound.
The camera started acting weird during our visit, so I was not able to take all of the pictures I wanted to. Mom and Dad had lots of things planned for Beau's visit. They had a HUGE stack of blocks for him, a car to ride, lots of books, and even a swing in a tree. When he arrived, they realized that he had no ball to play with, so they took him to Target to get a ball. They took him to a spaghetti dinner at church and to the Akron Zoo. And there were also lots of dogs and cats to pet and chase. Needless to say, Beau seems a little bored now that we are back at home. We are looking foward to having Mamie and Pops come and visit sometime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment