We went to Niagara Falls, Edward and I. That's why I said
"fall"ing. Get it? Yuk yuk yuk. 48 baby free hours. Beau was being spoiled in Ohio by Mamie and Pops. We had lots of fun. It is much easier to take pictures when a) the camera behaves and b) I do not have to tend to a baby.

Here is a picture of the Canadian Falls from our hotel room.

Here is a picture of the American Falls from our hotel room.

We got bumped up to a Jr. Presidential Suite on the 45th floor! It even had a fireplace. We lied and said it was our honeymoon. But then we said we were just kidding. But then we said we were NOT just kidding. But then we said we were kidding again. They were so confused that they gave us a nice room and told us to get out of their face.

Here I am enjoying and Orange Julius, seemingly unimpressed by the Canadian Falls.

Oh, wait....I am now impressed. Rainbows are impressive.

Here is Edward right where the Canadian Falls spill over. He was absolutely fixated on any daredevil-goes-over-the-falls-in-a-barrel story. We subsequently visited the daredevil museum the next day to see all of the actual barrels.

I have no problems with Moose.

Edward does. Sometimes we are so different.

We ate at a really high-up restaurant and could see the Falls from our table.

Edward appreciated the Canadian beer.

It's Love.

At breakfast the next morning, we realized how impossible it is to get away from SC politics. Edward is reading an Ontario newspaper.

But he really just reads the Family Circus cartoon as evidenced by his face. He says, "those kids say the darndest things!"
Ok, now this is the part of our trip I would like to call "Erin and Edward act like jackasses at Maid of the Mist". Behold:

Maid of the Mist is the requisite boat ride near the falls. I have been on it twice - TWICE. Edward has never been on it before. I do not remember anything remarkable about the boat ride except that it provided some very nice views of the Falls. See how dry I am?

While we were waiting to board the boat, we were laughing and laughing at this guy, who disembarked a few minutes prior. He looks European and appears to be taking photographs while wearing NO SHOES. What a creepy weirdo!
No shoes? 
While this was not our boat, ours looked just like this one. We were on the very top deck in the left hand corner of the railing. To get a good view.

Approaching the Falls by boat, remarking "Oh look honey! See how pretty that delicate mist is?"

We got really, really, really wet. It must have been a slow day for the Maid of the Mist boat captains, because they got very close to those falls and dropped anchor for about 15 damn minutes. Edward screamed the whole time, and my poncho turned inside out and flipped over my head. It was like being in a hurricane. I don't remember it being that crazy, but I don't think I ever stood on the top deck right next to the railing before.

Who is the creepy weirdo with no shoes now? Edward is wringing out his socks. In front of people.

Letting them dry a little....

Go America! We do what we want.
After all of that Maid of the Mist excitement, I looked at my watch and saw that it was 10am. Yes, that whole debacle took about 45 minutes off of the clock. So we wandered around for the rest of the day and tried to figure out how to get tickets for the Styx concert at the casino later that evening. It was a sold out show, with 80% of the tickets reserved for VIP casino players (i.e. people addicted to slots). So there were no tickets to be found. I was distressed....I have wanted to see Styx since they came through Greenville with Reo Speedwagon and Def Leppard when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Beau. I begged and begged Edward to take me, but he put the kibosh on my scheme citing fetal hearing damage. Whatever. So anyhow, we both really wanted to make the Styx thing happen. So we had to put our names on a waiting list and stand in line right before the show and just hope that some people wouldn't show up to get their tickets from will call. We were lined up with lots of other folks (meth addicts?), but we were the winners and scored two tickets! And it was a great concert! They didn't sing Mr. Roboto (what?!?) but they did sing other favorites like Lady, Renegade and of course, Come Sail Away. I sang and sang and didn't care what the quiet ladies (gambling addicts) next to me thought. It was a great show. I took the following picture even though I was not supposed to:

It was such a fun getaway with Edward. He makes me laugh and laugh. He is a great traveling companion!
No comments:
Post a Comment