Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness." -- Jane Austen

Edward said that he thought this was as close as I would ever get to hiking the Appalachian Trail. Thanks for the vote of confidence, honey!


First time sitting on a large pumpkin.


He is definitely taller than this, but we are still working on the standing.


Beau, with his face in a daisy. Can you tell he hates it? It's like he knows that his face is in a daisy or something.
Jordan and Greg at Fall for Greenville.

Rows and rows of apple trees in a beautiful mountain setting.




Edward and Beau looking for the best apples!

And playing in the trees...


Kind of peeved that he doesn't have teeth yet...



Nature girl (if you know me, you are laughing right now...)


We have half a bushel of apples at our house. Fuji, Gala, Cortland, Red Delicious and quite possibly some other varieties that I forgot we picked. Come on by if you want some apples! Half a bushel didn't seem like that many when we were picking them. But now that they are in our kitchen, I realize that I will have to get pretty creative. I am open to suggestion as far as apple recipes go, so let me know if you have any (ahem, Heidi and Davy)!


The trip to Sky Top Orchard in western NC was lots of fun. I think we will go back every year. Edward and I had a blast and I think Beau's curiosity was piqued. We tried the backpack (thanks, Brooke!) and even though he didn't sit up very high in it, he seemed very comfortable and was able to see everything. The weather was perfect and the scenery was amazing! It was definitely the perfect autumnal outing.



Fall for Greenville was also this weekend; something we look forward to every year! We went with our friends Jordan and Greg. I don't even want to publicly number all of the items I sampled, but I will go on the record and say that I thought that the pumpkin cheesecake gelato and the cuban sandwich were my favorites! Edward enjoyed a lamb kabob from Pomegranate. We always have fun with Jordan and Greg. We went to Vegas with them in 2007 and had a great time and came back with some funny stories --just ask Edward what happened in the Excalibur. Anywho, lots of fun this weekend. We are looking forward to the baptism next weekend!

2 comments:

Christina said...

That is one serious baby back pack. It is almost as big as you. Looks like lots of fun :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the honorable mention. I laughed out loud at the Excalibur reference. I totally forgot about that. We had tons of fun and are clamoring for baby-sitting opportunities.