Well, Henry Bear is 6 months old. I CAN believe it. Henry has given us a run for our money, but he is just so gosh darn cute that it doesn't matter one bit. Probably the biggest development in Henry Land is that he started baby food not too long after Thanksgiving and he loves it. A friend of mine (Jennifer B!) told me about how she made baby food for her son who had a milk protein allergy and how she used the special formula as the liquid in the puree in order to increase the calories. I thought this was a super idea - Henry is still very much on the lean side. My friend insisted that it was very easy to just steam, puree and strain the food and store it in the freezer. I decided to try it just once, and I was a believer. It is SO easy, it saves a boatload of cash and, most importantly, it is healthy for Henry and he LOVES it! I am kicking myself for not making Beau's baby food. Anyhow, Henry's favorite meal so far is definitely avocado and banana mixed together. It looks and sounds crazy, but it is actually pretty tasty and a nice, fatty meal for him. He also enjoys green beans, squash, carrots, apples, and sweet potatoes. The baby food has seemed to settle a good bit of his tummy troubles. And maybe I have relaxed a little bit.
Developmentally, Henry is a champ. He is rolling across the room and seems SO close to crawling. He is doing the swimming motion and is trying to tuck his knees under himself, so we think that perhaps crawling may be right around the corner. Rolling and scooting around on the floor is currently his favorite pastime. The other day, I turned around to deal with Beau and when I looked at Henry about 20 seconds later, he had managed to make his way across the nursery floor and had my sneaker in his mouth. YUCK. So, he is definitely mobile-ish. He is also beginning to sit a bit. He can tripod for about 10-15 seconds and getting longer every day. Sitting is a fun stage and I look forward to it. He is also talking-ish. His new trick is to say "DA DA DA DA DA". And I say trick because it has tricked Edward into thinking that Henry is calling his name. But we all know what his first word will really be - "BEAU".
Physical stats - I wish I knew more. Because of the holidays, the doctor won't be able to see him for a well check until the 6th. But I think he continues to be above average in height. He is filling out a 9 month size in the stride. And I think he is somewhere between 16 and 17 pounds. And those eyes! So blue! The eyes and the hair have lightened up considerably in the past few weeks. We think he is just so beautiful. Truly beautiful!
The best part of Henry is his adorable personality. He is very happy and always has been despite his feeding difficulties. He loves his family and always has a smile for his Mama, Da Da and especially his brother. He adores Beau, and I will detail that in another post. Henry loves to chat and babble. It is such a sweet sound. He is bouncy, happy and adorable. A beautiful boy, all around!
Gerber Baby, for sure!
Not happy after a harrowing bath time experience. I think I make this face all of the time, but Edward would be able to say for sure.
Henry is too long for the baby bathtub, so it was time for him to sit up in the bath seat. Clearly, he was not a fan at first. I think he was scared because I left the water running when I put him in and that is a loud and frightening sound. And, yes, that is Selsen Blue shampoo on his head. He smells like Regis, poor fellow.


No comments:
Post a Comment