Monday, January 3, 2011

Big

Breaking news: Beau is all grown up. I keep thinking to myself, "he has got to be older than 2 years old". Two year olds are babies, but Beau is no baby. Somehow, without having to fight us (and probably because his parents are sometimes preoccupied with caring for little brother) he has quietly slipped from being a baby into being a very independent guy. He is talking constantly, questioning everything, building ginormous towers of legos, engaging in lots of imaginative play, expressing his emotions, questioning others' emotions, using the potty (bye bye diapers!), eating food that has not been cut into tiny bits, singing, making sensible grocery lists ("milk and cereal, mom"), helping with the baby and so much more. It is a little sad, to be honest. But mostly it is so much fun. He has such a great personality. He is a people person. He is a very popular guy in his class at school. He high-fives his friends at the end of the day. He loves his playgroup friends. He sings the loudest at Kindermusik. He says "Hi" to random passers-by. He is just a cool and nice guy. I think I am a reasonably friendly person, but I truly think that his coolness and friendliness really comes from Edward. It is such a pleasure to watch him navigate his world socially.

Christmas will get it's own post, but I wanted to show the big toy that Beau got from Santa. Well before Thanksgiving, Beau told us that he would like Santa to bring him a "big bike". We thought this was probably because he has spent lots of time in a bike trailer with Edward pedaling/hauling him all over trails in Greenville, the mountains and the beach. And the trike was just not cutting it anymore. We guess that is why he asked for the big bike. We weren't even sure at first if there was a bike small enough for him, but apparently the are pretty popular and Santa's elves were able to build just the kind he wanted. I was pretty skeptical that he would be able to ride a two wheeler, even with training wheels. I thought, "we'll make sure Santa brings it, but it might be a while before he can ride it". I mean, it's crazy that a two year old (2.5) would be able to ride one. But he took to it immediately and was circling the Christmas tree in no time. He really is a big boy. Below are some shots from a ride in Cleveland Park the other day:






Beau Hanging out:
Beau and his best friend, Dap at Monkey Joes.

Having fun in the bounce house!




Best Big Brother:

Beau has been an amazing big brother and is always so kind to Henry. In turn, Henry worships, WORSHIPS Beau. If Beau even cuts his eyes in Henry's direction, the baby is reduced to a fit of giggles. If Beau is remotely close by, Henry reaches out immediately. It is what we hoped for when we wanted to have kids close together and discovered we were having a second boy. Look at Henry reaching for Beau.

Holding hands.

"Beau, Beau, hey Beau, Beau, look at me, hey...."





Imagination!

Pretending to be an apple.

Now he's a grape.

Now he's a banana!

What is he now? A roaring dinosaur. Duh, mama!





Finally, I thought y'all might like to see some video of Beau riding his new "big bike".




No comments: