Monday, January 31, 2011
NYC
Last year at Tara's wedding, Tara and I told her bridesmaid, Allison, that we were going to come visit her in NYC one day. Well, we did it! And it was amazing! Even though I missed my husband and kids, I am really sad that it went by so quickly. Allison was such a lovely host and is hilarious and fun and she made our trip spectacular. And Tara is the perfect travel buddy. She either wants to do exactly the same things that I want to do, or she is an obliging liar. Either way, it works out really well! Here are some pictures from our adventures:
View of Times Square from our awesome hotel window: The NYE Ball! We were on the 40th floor! I am rarely above the 3rd floor. Anywhere.
When we arrived and looked out of our window, we were so excited to see this building. Tara was like, "Wow, the Eiffel Tower!" and I was like, "No, dummy, it's the Empire State Building" and then Allison came the next day and said, "No, dummies, it's the Chrysler Building." Oops. Really very glad we knew someone in NYC.
After we dumped our bags, Tara and I ran down the street and got the yummiest salads at 30 Rock and watched the ice skaters (fall).
Then we went to the BEST H&M. It was 4 levels. And we enjoyed the very loud club music for quite some time before we realized that they had a DJ there spinning music (or whatever the kids these days are calling it). I pretended to not care, went on with my shopping, made my purchases and then before we left I made the security guard take pictures of us with him. And he let me wear his headphones and he let Tara spin the turntable (we were just like Pauly D!). Then we left, with people rolling their eyes at what obnoxious tourists we were. Success!
If Allison had not been with us this weekend, Tara and I probably would have said, "Let's eat somewhere awesome! Then we might have walked around aimlessly until we finally gave up and ate at a TGIFridays. So when Allison arranged for us to eat at Nobu, I was very excited. Plus, sushi is my favorite and I never get to eat it. Plus, famous people (like us) eat there. And the food was out of this world. Since they are so fancy and cool and chic, they only had two tiny signs, which I sought out and photographed. Because, again, I am an obnoxious tourist.
Allison, Tara, Me and Audrey. A fun group!!
The dig digs were working hard at 1:30am to clear away all of the snow. They did a good job because the roads and sidewalks were completely clear.
The Times Square Toys R Us was right next to our hotel, so Beau and Henry got some fun surprises. This ferris wheel remined me of Beau because of the Cozy Coupe car.
Determining my "color mood" at the M&M store. I was hoping for maybe the same color as my hat, but I got teal. Lame.
In front of Bloomingdale's, where I went and finally got some shoes that I have had my eye on for a long time!
We drank lots of fancy coffee!
The neon guy pointed us in the right direction when our lazy cab driver aptly determined that we were clueless and dumped us off in the wrong area of Times Square. Thanks, neon guy!
Little ole ME! Hailing a cab! Don't be fooled, though. I was clueless. Oh, and snow was fluttering down. Pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This looks almost too fun. When Tara is in DC, you must visit!
Post a Comment