Thursday, January 13, 2011

snOMG!

This post is going to drive me a little bit nuts. The pictures are somewhat out of order and many of the good ones are missing. The good pictures are on our old point and shoot (it was easier to carry around in the snow) and the point and shoot is in my husband's pocket as he flies out to Vegas. Hoping that, by the end of the weekend, the contents of the old camera are nothing like the camera at the end of The Hangover. Moving on! The pictures in this post were taken with our new, lovely, complicated, amazing, perplexing SLR that Edward and I gave each other for Christmas. I have no idea what I am doing, but it seems to take some pretty good pictures on the automatic setting. I am hoping to be able to take a class in March. So, many pictures of our snow day are missing/currently partying in Vegas. But if I don't post when I have some minutes, then when will I?
I guess on Friday it started to seriously look like we were going to get a big snow storm. I had not done my huge monthly grocery runs to Costco and the regular grocery store, so I went ahead and stocked up on food under the guise of "I am different from you panicky people. I am merely doing my regular grocery shopping as scheduled". But all the while, I was throwing stuff in the cart for crock potting and baby food making knowing that we would be stuck in the house for a day or two. Well, it is Thursday night and I have not been out since Sunday. We are happy here in this house, not going anywhere. And I had a nasty tumble on some ice last year and hit my head so now I am loathe to set foot outside, especially when it still sounds like an episode of Ice Road Truckers every time a tiny car drives past the house. So here we are. Tomorrow we may venture out. I love Cars and I love Toy Story, but one can only watch them so many times.
We woke up Monday morning and, even though we were told there was a 100% chance of 4 inches or so, it was still shocking to see so much snow on the ground here in SC. We got about eight inches in all and then ice on top. It was beautiful and, since the babies were still sleeping, we snuck out for a few minutes with the dog and took a look around.
She hates it.

Edward immediately set off to the day's work - chilling beer.


Our yard, street, neighborhood.


We plopped Henry Bear in front of the window. He said it was way better than Regis and Kelly.



I think Beau was saying, "Oh, WOW, mama" while I was snapping this. And Henry was nodding his head in agreement, because that is what he does when Beau speaks.




Two excited guys!

And here is where there should be several pictures of me wearing Henry (who is wearing a bunting) in the baby bjorn while we traipse through the neighborhood, and pictures of Beau and Edward sledding down the big, hilly street with the big kids. Maybe I'll add them later! But for now, just picture us. We looked like the Kennedys. But Republican.




After he came in - demanding hot chocolate. Look at those rosy cheeks!




Hot chocolate. It's set up just like the Three Little Bears. If you know anything about us at all, I am sure that you can tell Mama Bear's cup, Daddy Bear's cup and Beau Bear's cup.


Now, back outside for round #2!
Ahh, children love sleds, don't they?




First things first, clean off the machinery.


Can't play....gotta do chores. Wonder where he gets it from? (hint -see below)




Must clean off the car. Then must take a terrifying spin around the block.




Snow angel!




Beau thinks this is pretty ridiculous, but he did it for me.





Henry is at the stage where it is really fun to roll around on a blanket with his toys for, literally, dozens of minutes at a time. Babies get bored very quickly, so a dozen minutes is a good chunk of time. If the baby is entertained for a whole dozen minutes that allows me just enough time to unload the dishwasher, puree squash, load the dishwasher, call the dog groomer, laundry in, laundry from washer to dryer, laundry out, laundry folded, glance at email and vow to answer it in a minute, knock out a few chapters of War and Peace (loving the very dramatic Peace part - yowza, hating the indulgent War part - yawn) and play on facebook. I can do a lot in a dozen minutes.





Should have named him Blanket. Original!!




Pajama Jam. Jam.





Beau says that the girls love fast cars and Underoos.


















No comments: