Thursday, March 26, 2009
Kate Gosselin I am not
I am not anything like Kate Gosselin (of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" fame - Edward calls it "Jon minus 9") in many ways. First off, no one has ever confused my uterus of being a clown car. Definitely not me! I am not a shrew (she has 8 kids, but don't you think she could be just a bit nicer?) Also, I enjoy my long hair. You're allowed to wear shoes in my house. Oh, lastly and most importantly, I will not howl shrilly if my kid gets dirty. Mess doesn't bother me much. And it doesn't bother Beau much either! So here it is, kids....the requisite mom-takes-her-eyes-off-baby-for-one-second-and-he-dumps-the-entire-bowl-of-food picture montage.
It all started with him dropping his spoon. The bowl was suctioned to the tray, so I ran to get another one only to find this as I returned.
The damage had been done, so I just let him play with it for a while. I heard it makes babies smarter. So, in 17 years, when he edges out the mathlete/chess player for the last space at Harvard while applying for college, he can thank me for this. Mathlete/chess player nerd wait listed. Yeah! Of course, Harvard is his safety, so it hardly matters.
"Hmmm...what can I do with the remaining few spoonfuls...."
"Why, dump it on the floor, of course!"
"And rub it on my face!"
"Mommy is laughing and taking pictures, so let's rub it in the hair!"
Not such a novelty anymore...starting to feel pretty gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Adorable! Love the swaddle at the end of bath.
Post a Comment